Here we are, week 7, nearly week 8 of isolation (in the UK) – how are we all doing?
I know that we’re probably all struggling in some way or another and I want you all to know that I’m here for you. Some of you may still be working like myself, I’m a veterinary nurse, some of you may be working from home or furloughed. Whichever category you fit in, doesn’t necessarily mean it makes it any easier.
What have you all been up to during this lockdown though? Taught yourself anything new? Catching up on movies and tv shows? Catching up on sleep?
Here’s what I’ve been up too:
- Work – I’m a registered veterinary nurse and still at work to ensure your fur babies are cared for.
- Baking – during lockdown so far I’ve baked a cheesecake, 2x Banana breads, Rice Krispie marshmallow squares, flapjacks, cookies, sponge cake and gingerbread. I love baking and I love trying new recipes too!
- Knitting – years and years ago my Nan taught me how to knit and I got the hang of it and then I dropped a stitch and gave up. Recently a family friend died and had lots of craft bits and bobs and some of those were balls of wool and knitting needles. So here I am, 24, nearly 25 and I am learning to knit. So far I’ve learned the knit stitch, the purle stitch and the stocking stitch. Next up: stripes!
- Cross stitch – I love doing cross stitch! Yes I know, I’m essentially a granny at 24. But I find it relaxing and so satisfying when you have a finished piece! I’m currently working on a GIANT Harry Potter piece. You can find the link to the Harry Potter piece here. I have a cross stitch/craft Instagram too, so you can keep up to date with all the latest pieces of work.
- Reading – now if you’re reading this then it’s more than likely that you’ve encountered my book reviews section. If you haven’t then what’re you waiting for?! Anyway, yesterday I practically read an entire book in a day! This may not sound like much but that used to be the norm for me, then life happened and whilst I still used to read, it was more like a chapter a day rather than a book a day. I’m finding myself reading more now and I love it!
- Tidying – I have completely rearranged my room and tidied my room and decluttered my room (I’m a hoarder). I feel so much better and happier, like there’s order once again and my room feels and looks so much bigger! When this lockdown is over my aim is to go through my clothes and shoes and remove the ones that I don’t wear often or don’t wear and donate to charity.
So that’s me. What about you guys? Comment below what you’ve been up too! I’m dying to know. I’d love to start doodling again and drawing again…maybe that’ll be for the next post.
Remember in these scary times, we need to be there for each other and help each other. As Mrs Potts said, “it’ll all be alright in the end.”
Thanks so much for reading and stay safe everyone!
Until next time,